How to Apply for Middle School
Choosing a school is one of the most important decisions that parents make. Consequently, we ask that each prospective family learn as much as possible about St. Elizabeth’s in order to make the best educational decision for their children.
1. Submit an Online Inquiry. Select your preferred day and time for a tour. You will receive notification on your tour date and will be provided Open House dates.
2. Attend an intimate Group Tour.
3. Complete the Online Application through Big Sis (link to BigSis portal). Application due date is January 13, 2023.
4. Forward the electronic Transcript Request Form to your current school. Deadline for completion of the application and receipt of the transcript is January 13, 2023.
5. If your child has received Psycho-Educational Testing or Screening or is supported by a 504 Plan, an IEP, or has received Speech, Occupational, Physical or Mental Health Therapy, please provide the most recent evaluation/support summary to the Admissions office.
6. If you will be utilizing the Family Commitment Plan Sliding Scale Tuition, please provide your family’s total Adjusted Gross Income by uploading your most recent tax information to the application for admission. (Please call Admissions at 720-316-9571 to determine eligibility.)
6. We will send the electronic Teacher Recommendation Forms to your child’s current English and Math teachers, as well as their current Principal/Counselor/Advisor for completion before the 2nd week of January.
7. Each applicant will complete an Assessment. They will complete an assessment of current grade level material to include math concepts, reading level, spelling, and handwriting (prompted writing sample).
8. If your child has completed the ISEE or similar middle school entrance exam, you are encouraged to provide those testing results as part of the application. If your child has not completed any testing, we provide an assessment during the admissions process.
9. Each applicant will complete a Classroom Visit, fully participating in the age appropriate classroom for the day.
Teacher recommendation forms, student transcripts, and private testing results are confidential records and should be submitted electronically directly from the applicant’s current school or testing entity no later than January 13, 2023.
After a grade level is filled, St. Elizabeth’s will maintain a waiting pool of admissible students. If a space becomes available, the entire pool for the grade level will be considered to choose the most appropriate child for the space. Keeping the mission of the school in mind, choices are based on the qualities of the candidate and the nature of the specific class, with the intention of providing the best educational experience for both the individual student and for the class as a whole.