How to Apply for Middle School
Choosing a school is one of the most important decisions that parents make. Consequently, we ask that each prospective family learn as much as possible about St. Elizabeth’s in order to make the best educational decision for their children.
Applications are due January 12th, 2024.
If you would like to inquire about Admissions for your child, please submit your Inquiry and we will share the next steps.
1. Submit an Online Inquiry. Select your preferred day and time for a tour. You will receive notification on your tour date and will be provided Open House dates.
2. Attend an intimate Group Tour or Open House.
3. Complete the Online Application through Ravenna (link to Ravenna Portal). Applications are due on January 12, 2024.
4. Forward the electronic Transcript Request Form to your current school found in the Ravenna Portal.
5. If your child has received Psycho-Educational Testing or Screening or is supported by a 504 Plan, an IEP, or has received Speech, Occupational, Physical or Mental Health Therapy, please provide the most recent evaluation/support summary to the Admissions office.
6. If you will be utilizing the Family Commitment Plan Sliding Scale Tuition, please provide your family’s total Adjusted Gross Income by uploading your most recent tax information to the application for admission. (Please call Admissions at 720-316-9571 to determine eligibility.)
7. The Teacher Recommendation Forms (Math, English, and Principal/Counselor/Advisor) are required. The forms will need to be delegated from Ravenna for completion. They are due before the 2nd week of January.
8. Each applicant will complete an Assessment. They will complete an assessment of current grade level material to include math concepts, reading level, spelling, and handwriting (prompted writing sample). Sign-up through Ravenna Hub.
9. If your child has completed the ISEE or similar middle school entrance exam, you are encouraged to provide those testing results as part of the application. If your child has not completed any testing, we provide an assessment during the admissions process. You may upload through Ravenna Hub.
10. Each applicant will complete a Classroom Visit, fully participating in the age appropriate classroom for the day. Sign-up through Ravenna Hub.
11. 8. All families will complete a Parent Interview, where they will converse with members of the St. Elizabeth's Admissions Committee. Sign-up through Ravenna Hub.
Teacher recommendation forms, student transcripts, and private testing results are confidential records and should be submitted electronically directly from the applicant’s current school or testing entity no later than January 31, 2024.
After a grade level is filled, St. Elizabeth’s will maintain a waiting pool of admissible students. If a space becomes available, the entire pool for the grade level will be considered to choose the most appropriate child for the space. Keeping the mission of the school in mind, choices are based on the qualities of the candidate and the nature of the specific class, with the intention of providing the best educational experience for both the individual student and for the class as a whole.