How to Apply for Lower School
Choosing a school is one of the most important decisions that parents make. Consequently, we ask that each prospective family learn as much as possible about St. Elizabeth’s in order to make the best educational decision for their children.
1. 1. Submit an Online Inquiry. You will be contacted to set up a tour or open house date.
2. Attend an Individual Tour or an Open House. Afterwards, you will receive an email with a link to initiate the Online Application.
3. Complete the Online Application before the 2nd week of January.
4. Forward the electronic Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s current teacher for completion before the 2nd week of January.
5. If your child has received Psycho-Educational Testing, or is currently supported by a 504 Plan or an IEP, please provide the most recent evaluation and/or support summary as part of the application process.
6. If you will be utilizing the Family Commitment Plan Sliding Scale Tuition, please provide your family’s total Adjusted Gross Income by uploading your most recent tax information to the application for admission. (Please call Admissions at 303-322-4209 x15 to determine eligibility.)
7. Each applicant will complete a Classroom Visit, fully participating in the age appropriate classroom. (1st grade applicants will spend a shortened morning visit in the kindergarten classroom.)
St. Elizabeth’s School adheres to the Association of Colorado Independent Schools admissions calendar. The ACIS Admission Notification date varies slightly each year, but middle school notification is in late February and lower school notification is in early March. Notification will be emailed on the pre-determined date at 4pm, and this will be followed by hard copy notification sent by mail. Applicants who have been accepted to St. Elizabeth’s will have two weeks from the day of acceptance to return the enrollment contract and the non-refundable deposit. Once the contract is received by St. Elizabeth’s, the student is then officially enrolled.
After a grade level is filled, St. Elizabeth’s will maintain a waiting pool of admissible students. If a space becomes available, the entire pool for the grade level will be considered to choose the most appropriate child for the space. Keeping the mission of the school in mind, choices are based on the qualities of the candidate and the nature of the specific class, with the intention of providing the best educational experience for both the individual student and for the class as a whole.