How to Apply for Kindergarten
Choosing a school is one of the most important decisions that parents make. Consequently, we ask that each prospective family learn as much as possible about St. Elizabeth’s in order to make the best educational decision for their children.
Students admitted to kindergarten must be five by September 1 in the year they would like to attend. Applicants are closely evaluated for maturity level and grade readiness.
Applications are due January 12th, 2024.
If you would like to inquire about Admissions for your child, please submit your Inquiry and we will share the next steps.
1. Submit an Online Inquiry. Select your preferred day and time for a tour. You will receive notification on your tour date and will be provided Open House dates.
2. Attend an intimate Group Tour or Open House.
3. Complete the Online Application through Ravenna (link to Ravenna Portal). Applications are due on January 12, 2024.
4. If your child has received Psycho-Educational Testing or Screening or is currently supported by a 504 Plan, an IEP, or receives Speech, Occupational, Physical or Mental Health Therapy, please provide the most recent evaluation/support summary to the Admissions office.
5. If you will be utilizing the Family Commitment Plan Sliding Scale Tuition, please provide your family’s total Adjusted Gross Income by uploading your most recent tax information to the application for admission. (Please call Admissions at 720-316-9571 to determine eligibility.)6. The Teacher Recommendation Form is required. The form will need to be delegated from Ravenna for completion. It is due before the 2nd week of January.
7. Your child will participate in a Kindergarten/1st Grade Group Visit on a selected date in December - February. This is a mini-mixed grade Kindersgarten and First Grade class with 10-12 applicants and it lasts approximately 1.5 hours. Applicants will go through guided group activities, and they will each spend a short period of time one-on-one with a teacher to do a brief kindergarten readiness assessment. Parents may remain in the building for the visit and are involved in a Q&A with the Head of School. Sign-up through Ravenna Hub.
8. All families will complete a Parent Interview, where they will converse with members of the St. Elizabeth's Admissions Committee. Sign-up through Ravenna Hub.