How to Apply for Kindergarten
Choosing a school is one of the most important decisions that parents make. Consequently, we ask that each prospective family learn as much as possible about St. Elizabeth’s in order to make the best educational decision for their children.
Students admitted to kindergarten will have reached the age of five by September 1 in the year they would like to attend. Applicants are closely evaluated for maturity level and grade readiness.
1. Submit an Online Inquiry. You will be contacted to set up a tour or open house date.
2. Attend an Individual Tour or an Open House. Afterwards, you will receive an email with a link to initiate the Online Application.
3. Complete the Online Application before the 2nd week of January.
4. Forward the electronic Teacher Recommendation Form to your child’s current teacher for completion before the 2nd week of January.
5. If your child has received Psycho-Educational Testing, or is currently supported by a 504 Plan or an IEP, please provide the most recent evaluation and/or support summary as part of the application process.
6. If you will be utilizing the Family Commitment Plan Sliding Scale Tuition, please provide your family’s total Adjusted Gross Income by uploading your most recent tax information to the application for admission. (Please call Admissions at 303-322-4209 x15 to determine eligibility.)
7. Your child will participate in a Kindergarten Group Visit on a Saturday morning in early February. This is a mini-kindergarten class with 10-12 applicants, and it lasts approximated 1 ½ hours. Applicants will go through guided group activities, and they will each spend a short period of time one-on-one with a teacher to do a brief kindergarten readiness assessment. Parents remain in the building for the visit and are involved in a Q&A with the head of school.