Survey of major world civilizations.
- Ancient World (Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, and Rome)
- Mesoamerica and Pre-Columbian South America (Olmec, Maya, Aztec, Inca)
- Middle Ages and Renaissance Europe (Byzantine Empire, Rise of Islam, Medieval Times, Age of Exploration, Renaissance)
- Modern World (Imperialism, World Wars, Cold War)
Social Studies Suggested Resources:
The World by Scott Foster
Latin America and Canada by James Banks
English: Reading and Language Arts
- A Long Walk to Water - by Linda Sue Park
- America Street - Edited by Anne Mazer
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream - by William Shakespeare
A choice of selected book club books:
- My Side of the Mountain - by Jean Craighead George
A young boy, unhappy with his city life, runs away to the mountains to find himself.
- Are You There God It’s Me, Margaret - by Judy Blume
A coming-of-age story that follows Margaret Simon as she moves to a new middle school, makes new friends, and begins to grow up.
- Breadwinner - by Deborah Ellis
Once her father is sent to jail, 11-year-old Parvana must find the courage to break Taliban law to save her family. 'The Breadwinner' is the story of a girl who must risk herself so her mother and sisters can survive life in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.
- Exploring Planet Earth
- Earth’s Changing Surface
- Earth’s Waters
- Weather and Climate