Spanish language learning will continue throughout middle school.
- Spanish 1 will be covered over two years.
- In Spanish 1A, students will use Realidades 1A as their textbook. The course covers a variety of vocabulary including hobbies, food, and the community, as well as the present tense of Spanish verbs. This will be accomplished through a mix of song, games, worksheets, and nightly homework.
- Spanish 1B will be completed in 7th grade.
- In 8th grade, students will be offered two options:
- Option one will cover the first half of Spanish 2 over the course of the year, while option two will be an accelerated class covering all of Spanish 2 in one year. All students will be prepared for high school Spanish, either taking Spanish 2 or 3 their freshman year.